Jonathan YunisM.D., F.A.C.S. Request An Appointment
- General Surgery
- Practice Limited to Hernia Surgery and Abdominal Wall Reconstruction
- Performs over 650 operations annually for hernia repair or abdominal wall reconstruction
Dr. Yunis has a strong interest in revisional hernia surgery – repairing recurrent hernias and surgical eradication of chronic pain from hernia surgery. His experience as a former vascular surgeon has enabled enhanced confidence in managing technically complex surgical procedures. He frequently travels to visit with and observe hernia experts from around the world. A focus on hernia surgery allows Dr Yunis to offer all available techniques for repair.
He has been Board Certified in General Surgery since 1991.
- Past Chief of Surgery at Sarasota Memorial Hospital in Sarasota , Florida
- Fellow of The American College of Surgeons
- Member of The American Hernia Society
- Member of The Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- Hosts courses in Laparoscopic Inguinal and Ventral Hernia Repair
- Provider for The National Hernia Network
- Graduate of Vassar College
- Graduate of State University of New York at Syracuse Medical School
Practice Website: www.centerforherniarepair.com